Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sunny mornings

There is a group in the hotel right now attending the Luis Palau Celebrate Freedom conferences. Its frustrating sometimes to have to deal with other Christians. I dont really know why. But I think God was trying to get my attention today. A boy came up and asked to borrow a pen. He had his bible out and was writing something. Now in my world, seeing bibles out and people writing in them or in a joural is no new thing. But maybe it was the way the sun was so bright at that moment or just seeing the bible at work. It just made my heart break for myself. That sounds selfish. Because as a Christian I should be breaking for others. But I know that the condition of my soul isnt what it should be. I dont know what it was in that moment that made me want to try harder, to live on purpose and to persue the Father. I want to. My heart yearns to. I know that its not an automatic feeling to have zeal for the King. It has to be worked on, it has to be conditioned. Sweet Jesus, stir my affections.

No comments: